- Be early! Get to your stop at least ten minutes ahead of time. Wait for the bus in an orderly manner.
- Wait for the bus and other traffic to come to a complete stop before crossing the street.
- Cross at least 10 feet in front of the bus.
- Never walk behind or crawl under a school bus.
- Never run to or from the bus.
- Remove or secure drawstrings, straps, or any piece of clothing or accessory that could get caught in the bus door or handrails.
- Always obey the driver.
- Stay in your seat.
- Keep your hands, arms, and head inside the bus.
Click here for more bus safety tips, handouts, and activity sheets from the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration.
- Parents are encouraged to help make bus stops safer by accompanying children to and from the bus stop.
- Talk about bus safety with your child and make sure he or she understands all the safety rules.
MNPS Customer Service Center
We are committed to making the transportation process as simple as possible for our students and their parents.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for on our website, please contact our Customer Service Center at 615-259-INFO (259-4636)